University Sponsored Podcasts
Podcasts are a great tool to share content for listeners around the world, in a new and engaging way. With that in mind, Texas State University podcast producers should ensure that their programs are high quality, relevant, and represent the university well.
Before launching a podcast for a TXST department, program, or affiliated organization, producers must review and abide by the policies and guidelines outlined below and complete the form to register your podcast with the Division of Marketing and Communications.
Unless otherwise specified in these guidelines or other university policies, use of podcasting resources at Texas State University is restricted to the purpose of the university’s mission. TXST podcasting resources cannot be used in a manner that violates the law, for political campaigning, personal or private gain, or activities that are not approved by the university.
The Division of Marketing and Communications reserves the right to remove file(s) that violate any university policies and procedures. Opinions expressed by those appearing on network podcasts represent the views of the individuals, not of Texas State University.
Podcast Network Directory
How to get a featured podcast on the TXST Podcast Network
Departmental, program, or center podcasts may be listed on the official TXST Podcast Network at the discretion of the Division of Marketing and Communications if they meet all the following qualifications:
- produce episodes that are relevant to their area's institutional purpose
- align their content with the university's institutional priorities
- Network podcasts must not contain or produce content in manner that violates the law, for political campaigning, personal or private gain, or activities that are not approved by the university.
- are produced, hosted, and edited by Texas State faculty or staff
- are at least 1 year old and have been consistently sharing episodes for more than 8 months
- have not been inactive for 2 consecutive months
- Inactive podcasts will be removed from the network page.
- have release forms signed and saved by all current and future episode guests
- contain content relevant to the Texas State community
- include a link to the unit’s official webpage
- provide up-to-date contact information
- feature relevant and appropriate cover art
- create all necessary ADA compliance materials including transcripts
The TXST Podcast Network
The TXST Podcast Network is brought to you by Texas State University. Podcasts featured on the network page are produced by faculty and staff members at TXST and have been formally reviewed by the Division of Marketing and Communications.
Texas State University offers these podcasts at no charge.